Saturday, December 24, 2005

Crazy Color


"Daphne II" Etched glass drawing 9" x 11"
by Cynthia Oliver. 2005


For the Hogle Zoo art show, they allow three entries for submission. The main piece for my submission is "Curiosity and Her Keeper". But the focus of the etchings that I have been doing is portraiture. So These two images are portraits of a large female giraffe at the same zoo...from the same day. I learned after the etchings were made, that her name is Daphne.

I love the foreshortening in this first portrait. She's rather lovely, no?


These etchings are done on colorless transparent glass. To photograph them, and provide contrast, I placed them on a black cloth. The "Curiosity..." piece did photograph black, but for some reason the color in the portraits appears blue.

Crazy color, or crazy camera? It does occur to me that I don't know how to take good pictures.

"Daphne I" ~ Etched glass drawing 9" x 11"
by Cynthia Oliver. 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home