Monday, January 09, 2006

Bella

"Bella ~ Sleeping"
Pencil on Foamcore
by Cynthia Oliver 2005
I've had the flu. I was down with fever and chills and every other evil associated with flu. For a couple of days I slept and sweated, coughed and chilled, sneezed and had fever induced surrealist dreams. But for the exception of the few necessary trips to the out of doors, Bella was in bed with me, constantly by my side.
I'd love to believe that it was because she knew I was sick, and that she was devoted to me. I'd love to believe that she did it because she knew I needed her there with me as comfort and companion in my time of need. In reality, I believe it was because she could lie unmoved in a super soft, pillow-topped bed with multiple layers of comforters, day in and day out. I believe this because when I had to leave our comfy nest of cushion and covers to minister to and monitor my flu with teas, tissues and thermometers ~ she didn't leave her post. Not once. Undisturbed, she stolidly awaited my return.

"Nose ~ Dry and Warm"
Pencil on Foamcore
by Cynthia Oliver 2005


" Ear ~ Supple and Long"
Pencil on Foamcore
by Cynthia Oliver 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home