Sunday, April 16, 2006

Little Drawings on Glass

These are details of the new "plat de fleur" pieces. I have a show coming up starting this Wednesday. It's a guild show, and I didn't have any new work that hadn't been seen...that wasn't already committed, that was even conceived of. I waited until the last minute...And for some unknown reason, decided to do the "plat de fleur" pieces, containing these little silhouettes.

They are fresh outta the kiln. And to start, I have no idea where they were hiding in my head...But they surfaced, and I made these little tiles. Then incorporated these tiles into a field of transparent clear irid. They are very rigid (the dish forms) with these tight little squares of a drawing like ink on glass. The only thing loose about these pieces are the drawings...and even they are a bit tight. The texture imbedded on the back of the base glass gives some relief. They are very graphic and how they are composed makes them very strong.

I'm not certain if I like the pieces, but I like the little drawings.

This is a Bird of Paradise on cobalt.



A Calla Lily on pale mint green.




















Chinese Lantern. Mica on black.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol Carson said...

I like 'em Cynthia.

Monday, April 17, 2006 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home