Saturday, February 11, 2006

Curiosity Travels ~ Shameless Brag

Last night, I attended the opening for the 13th Annual Hogle Zoo, "World of the Wild Art Show". I had submitted three glass etched drawings to this show. Of the three I submitted, "Curiosity and Her Keeper" was accepted. I was anxious and excited to see the show, but mostly I was anxious to see how well "Curiosity" would be received. There was a good crowd and I hear the food was good. I never did get a plate for the schmoozing that was going on.

Toward the end of the evening, the awards were announced. I try not to hope for too much, but I rarely succeed. This was a fairly strong exhibition with nearly 100 pieces that were highly accomplished. But I still want more. I always want more. The progression of hopes is as follows. I want to be accepted to show first, and then if accepted, I want to place. It's a competition, and I am a competitor. I want to be given a nod of "atta girl" with that acknowlegement in the form of an award.

Last night was a good night, and I was not disapointed. "Curiosity" won a cash award given by a local gallery, and was also one of 20 or so pieces that were chosen by the Utah Arts Council to travel throughout the State for the next year. Oddly enough, the honor of having my piece chosen for one of the Arts Council's traveling exhibits means more to me than the monetary award.

My ego is sufficiently stroked. Who could want more?

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Muth said...

clap, clap, clap, clap!!!

Good on you Cynthia!

Barbara

Sunday, February 12, 2006 8:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and you deserve it big time!

Annemarie

Sunday, February 12, 2006 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Oliver said...

Thank you both very much.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 9:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home